*** Please Note: Due to health issues, I am currently not accepting new photography clients. I hope to get back behind the camera in 2019. Thank you for your understanding! ~ Sarah ***
I took my first photography class in middle school, artistically posing my stuffed animals. College -- another class. But the technical stuff didn't stick.
Several years ago, I vacationed by a river with my sister and uncle, both avid photographers. I was really excited, ready to learn how to take gorgeous whooshing waterfall pictures. But my sister said, "If you don't know how to use your camera beyond Auto, I don't know what to tell you." Argh!
I signed up for another class, and started taking my camera out every evening, leaving my super-supportive husband with the baby. 300,000+ photographs later, here I am.
I still love ice-rimmed leaves and heart-shaped rocks, but I've also discovered a passion for portraits -- real, relaxed, happy portraits taken with an eye to beauty.
Recently, a bride gasped and teared up at a wedding picture I'd taken. Why? Because her dad's face was so loving and so proud as he hugged her goodbye -- and my picture will remind her of that forever -- and it's gorgeous! That's what my family and couple sessions are about: the love in your relationships.
You and your iphone can show how teeny your baby's hands really are, and your son's first haircut, and I hope you take lots of pictures! But I go farther. Here's what you'll get from my sessions:
- Real smiles. I love bringing kids to giggles -- encouraging the biggest puffer-face EVER, and also getting the true happy face right after it. I promise to get past the smirk or "cheese" smile.
- Crisp images. I have a wonderful, high-tech camera, and I know exactly how to use it.
- Beautiful light. Certain light is unflattering. I won't use those light angles. <:
- Art. You'll love my composition. Shapes, colors, and lighting all will create art featuring you.
- Patience. If your child starts off a little too wiggly or too shy for pictures, fine! I'll be playing tic-tac-toe or racing or stomping on leaves. Knock-knock jokes, noisemakers, chit-chat... I got some terrific laughing shots by daring two sisters to throw their orange peels at me!
"[My daughter] loves hanging out with you!" -- Josh L.
I'm delighted at how many of my clients refer to our sessions as fun.
So -- 1 or 2 hours of fun with you and the camera -- plus 10 to 20 more hours afterwards. I fine-tune your images into beautiful pictures you'll be delighted to hang on your wall and share with family and friends. Expect your favorite smiles, and expect art.